SQL Data Sources
A data source is a connection to some SQL-compliant data
source. These four general types of data sources are currently
- Any ODBC database;
- Any OLE DB-compliant database;
- MS SQL Server;
- MS Access database.
ClearBox can work with multiple data connections simultaneously.
This means that several databases can be used at the same time for
different purposes. Currently data bases are used to store lists of
RADIUS clients and shared secrets, user
accounts (e.g. their names, passwords, optional fields), accounting
records and 'authorization lists' (i.e. lists of attributes that
should or should not be present in an access request packet or
should be included in response packets granting access to a
When creating new a data source, give it a name, then define its
- For MS Access database connection, you should specify a path to
the database file. Optionally user name and password can be
- For MS SQL Server, you define the database server (IP address
of the server machine or its network name), database name and
authentication credentials. Both native MS SQL server
authentication and integrated Windows authentication are
- For ODBC data connection, select its system DSN and optionally
a user name and a password.
- For OLE DB data connection, specify its connection string and
optionally a password.
A connection may be marked as 'delayed'. In The server
connects then to the data source not at startup but at the moment
when this connection is required for the first time.
By default the server is configured to use <server
folder>\AAA\general.mdb MS Access database.
See how to configure a data source
How to create a new data connection:
1. Right-click the 'Data Sources' node in the left tree and
select 'Add New Data Source':
2. Type the new data connection name instead of <new id>
3. Configure its settings and click
© 2001-2007 XPerience Technologies. www.xperiencetech.com